05 February, 2008

Springtime for Lovers

I noticed it 3 weeks ago, but decided to finally remember only to-day- in terms of young people and the sudden massive upswing in hands held in this school by new couples:

IT'S SPRINGTIME!!

I always enjoy people getting to-gether, so I always wait for this flood. Ususally it is actually IN spring, but it's started early this year. Knowing the kids, it's always fun to see who is hanging w/ who, and the suprise matches are always............suprising, I guess.

And, yesterday, I finally saw my first same sex couple @ this school. @ an old school there were always kids out-not many, but there was always that vibe.. This school is a fine arts hipster school (also a 'hood school, a special ed school, etc etc etc - but the arts is a big component here), so I always thought ther'ed be more out kids than the last school. Well, there's @ least one couple. Speaks well of the school. I imagine @ some north side schools there are tones of out kids. My guess is that in certain subarbs, there are lots of out kids. But down here, we get some dribbles and drabbles.

And then there are the soccer teams. Funny- by the time some kids graduate, they will have dated maybe 10 girls soccer players (or 10 boys, for the girls etc...) from the program. Like college, where certain social groups pass around their lovers. When I first met Bonnaix- well, 2d or third time we hung out talking- it was @ Wolcott, summer of 1992, late late late nite, and we were joking around about this whole 'social circle' thing w/ boys and girls. His circle had the interchangeable lovers, as well as my frenz.


I've had a few girl frenz of the type : The Millers Daughter was seconded by Rocky and Blacky, and I thirded Saur Kraut after Vito and Rocky. Then there is ______ , who told me to never tell. I told Vito. There must be more,but for me....not really.

Now, since I have enclyopedic knowledge of my friends love lives, I could get into a lot of trouble listing off similar lists. It's always funny informing them that, yes indeed, you really did sleep w/ her, I remember the time.....

Wait- isn't this the EXACT REASON such terms as "Hilts" and etc came into being? Shit- I've lost my way!!

2 comments:

Baywatch said...

who was saur kraut?

Hilts said...

See my next post, fer non clues