06 February, 2008

Once, there was saur Kraut

Vito remembers her when he was in europe during his university days in the late 80's. She was just a kid, then, as was he. Nothing really went on between them- just some 20 yo non serious stuff.


I'm not sure who if it was he or Rocky first with her, but Rocky really wasn't that effected by her either.


But, for a bit, I was. I first met her in the Spring of 1993. There was a Dolomite, Poster Children, and Burnout show in Champaign. I went down in a car containing Rocky, Homes, _____ (?), and Saur Kraut. This is when my eyes started to follow her and my mind started to think about her. Madonna and I had our severing 6m before, and as I hold onto everything, I still wasn't over thatall yet (Spanky was the great equaliser to both Madonna and Saur Kraut in my life, but that was still a few years away). But this new skinny litte girl....... I liked it.

Our first "date" wasn't a date @ all. I asked a few people to the Rainbo, and it centered around her. Therew asn't too mnay people there, and when I finally got a chance to talk to her alone, I was a fool. A fool. But no matter.

After a bit of a courtship, we finally starteted to make kissy face. Must have been April or May. We hung out awhile, but she was never that into me. She as hung up over the previous guy, just like I was hung up over the previous girl. Although we made kissyface a lot, I always knew that she had another in mind.

She 'summered' in Germany that summer, and I continued, in a passive agressive way- to court her. I sent her lots of letters, w/ articles she liked cut out for her to read. However, I was also protecting my self and being a bit stand-offish. Anything between us fissled. We remained frenz, even hanging out, until that fizzled away. Lasted a long bit.

And, I'll forever love her for an act of kindness after my Dad died. We were a done deal, but on a nite where Jackson, BBall, and I were throwing a party - 3 weeks after my Dad died- I had to hang someplace else. There were strict rules of mourning, and I fully knew that I could not co-host a party after such a short time. So, while I helped totally set it up, I left with Rocky and Blacky (bank job, 5am wakeup for them the next day) so they could drop me off @ Saur Krauts', where I spent the nite. I was miserable w/out my Dad, miserable that I had to miss MY OWN PARTY: but there is something about a warm, soft, caring female in my time of need.

So Rocky : That answer yr question? here's one of my favourite Rocky memories.......

SK and I were hanging out one mnite while she helped Rocky with his university German. He had to go do something, but promised to call us so that we mite go out w/ people later that nite. Look for the call, he is parafrased by me. So, with us in bed and warm under the covers and done but not asleep, on came the fone....... wait for message....... and it's Rocky's voice, presumably hoping we could be enticed out to wherever they'all were going................... wait for it........... :

BEEEEEEEEP!!
"You lose. "
Click.

Stolen/appropriated that one word message many times in life.
Now, any more clues needed, Rocky?

No comments: