07 February, 2008

Horrifying

50 years ago, one of my soccer teams, Manchester United ( I mean how the fuck do you rank them? I've liked United longer than any club team that still exists, but they were a distant second to the old Chicago Sting, my childhood team. When the Sting franchise folded, United stayed aloft and gained steadily. So when the Fire came along tens years later, there was a period of time where I was far more into United than this new team I totally had to learn about. But now, I fully realise that the Fire is now over United. I've been a season ticket holder for the whole existence of the team, except for two years they played in naperville while soldiers Field was being made into a giant UFO. But then, what about the US, Irish, Northern Irish, and English national teams? Then the u-19 Americans? And the u-19 womens team etc etc etc..... it's truely like I have 10 favourite teams, but for club soccer-Fire, United, America of Mexico City) lost almost all of their team in a horrible plane crash in Germany. Here's some articles - Gallo, I had read it-thanx-, but forgot to pub it.- till now. Bless you and the Maharishi). the team was young and promising, and even devoid of most of the starters, they still somehow made it to the finals of the FA Cup.

No comments: