22 February, 2008

Virgil "Thursday" Hilts.2 / Among the Food Courts

So, I had a plan, and it went well. I knew I was gonna be in the Loop this day for court, so I emailed some Loop people to see of they wanted to get some grub. Although it was originally planned for Fado - I had a wicked amount of 1/2 priced coupons for the Irish bar on Grand - late changers wanted a place more convient to their work (deeply understandable).

I had arranged for Jacob (you mite have previously known him as Jimey, but you will now have to associate him with this new name - I'll help for a bit, but eventually it's Jacob now - sorry Liz, I know it can be confusing..... but to Liz, the person you gave the food to is Jacob- and to everyone else, Liz gave the food to Jimey, Jamie Tree, Jamey, etc...) to meet me @ City Hall, but when it came down to it, he was late. I walked on the quick to Fado's when he wasn't @ City hall by the appointed time to try and get him - I had told him to just meet there, but in between , Curtis and Crank had changed venues for lunch (Liz just went along as well) to the food court @ Macy's/Marshall Fields. Seventh floor. No Jacob @ Fado's or City hall - but he had Curtis's ##.

So, Knowing the venue shift, I took subway down, but I got lost I was sure the pplace was neared harold Wash Lib., and I took it that far south. I had to back track north and was way late. Then, never having been @ the food court before, I circled the whole area twice before I found them.

So fucking good. I'm pretty much a meat and potatoes guy - although j'aime cabbage as well, Ms. Spliffe - but the 'meat and potatoes' line was way full. Instead I went with a sorta soup meal that the other three had gotten from and used chopsticks - Thai ?? fucking perfect. You three will have to tell me what I ordered - I want to bring Gf there (I'm a rube). It was just so good, and unexpectedly. They even had soome kelp in it.

I want to do this on Pulaski Day. However, Liz and I are ganging up - she totally wants to go to Fado this time. it may be too rough for the lunch folk, but maybe we can go back to the food court again. i'm open. So, to C and C and Liz B. - and everyone else in the Loop area who so wishes next Monday- wanna lunch?? Doesn't have to be Fado.

Since I was so late, the 'C's left to rework their day. Liz and I chowed down as we waited for Jacob to reach a new meeting area - the Borders Store seven floors below. Saw him as I finished and Liz had a good idea- since she didn't want to haul her leftovers around, She'd give to him. So, we got to Jacob and then since he had to now eat, we walked to another food court - State of Illinois building.

Listen. Several psts ago I talked about me not caring about 'old mens petty morals' when it came to peoples thinking vis a vis Jacob. However, I fully know he is almost all people's "NOT IDEAL CUP d'CAFE", and I repsect that. He can be too much for me many times, but since I am very chill, generally I can handle it. But I would never bring him over to people's house's etc. and inflict him on them- unless I knew they're kool with him..... although of course people change all the time, some unexpectedly and w/out warning- so I'll keep it safe from now on. But anyway: I was well, kinds worried about Liz meeting him and how he would react. But Liz is chill, and seemingly got a kick out of him. As with most people, she intoned this : Hilts and Jacob are very similar. Scatter brained and LOUD. She's not the first to say that. Gf anyone??

And that as all. I was glad that Liz was not offened by him - he was in good form - and he also didn't offend anyone when we went to get my car parked in my schools lot.

Rest of day = thrifting @ the 65th and Kedzie store. WOW two ass kicking shirts are now mine, and a powerfuly preppy sweater ; I'ma gonna look totally like Kanye in this. I wonder - would Nestor agree w/ my choices??

Late nite delivery of Jacob to El @ 87th and State street. Furitive sleep followed much later - i'm not sleeping well lately.
.....................................................................
This pst origially read:
(((Succesful

More later, and I'm sorry to say it may be 'till Sunday.)))

No comments: