15 February, 2008

On being Bloom (and ain't we all)



But Bloom was my compass many years ago when I signed into dcs to reply to a comment, and he still is in many ways. One of my favourite of the 37,000 favourite parts of the Ithica section involves the "Compile the budget for 16 June, 1904" list. And of course the listing of books that are seen backwards in the mirror.....uh, well, just read it, y'll get it. And hey, I always delight in showing exactely how cheap I am as well. Roll up.

On another tack, I also realise that treating Ulysses and the Bible - err, the New Testament - as the only books I reference mite be seen as Hilts to some.

And, well it would, wouldn't it?

Just deal. Would you rather I ape Stephen Dedalus, get dead drunk and start ripping into everything?

Wait - if we all are Bloom, that also means we all are Dedalus.

And that's all right.

No comments: