04 February, 2008

It's always funny.....

........when one realises that one's blog has a brand new regular reader.

Security Out came into existence when I tried to reply to a post on dcs. Following prompts to register w/ blogger so I could comment on something, instead I somehow registered a blog. How did this happen? But dcs was my first blog, predating Security Out by a matter of minutes. I kept Security Out quite for a bit- I went a week thnking I was gonna have the most punk rock blog- write in it myself, then never tell anyone about it until a year later. Luckily, I'm only stupid most of the time, so I decided to let the cat out of the bag.

I have no idea how many people read this blog- although I know it'd be easy to figger out the numbers from some service or other, I'm not Blackie enough to expend the energy*. But I can figger out when I got/get new readers. So, I remember my first reguler readers- it had to be Jackson, Bonnaix, and Gallo. Jackson and Bonnaix weer cowriters on dcs, so I figgered they read my other stuff as well. Then Gallo- I'm sure he was my first regular reader. He'd send me shit, and I knew he was reading it. Bit by bit, others would respond. For a matter of 2m whenever it was, Crankface would greet me with a happy "Dude: The Blog!!" and although he didn't say too much, I knew he was digging it. Lazers had one of the greatest 'virgil on the backs' when he came out with : "When I check in the morning and there's no updates, I get Mad." And yes, that's a good thing. There have many other stories, including the 30m Rocky interroragation 1 year ago I've covered before. Every time I realise someone new has signed on, it's kool. But, it's always funny when someone new comes on board; BCD, Vito, Curtis, etc etc etc.. even exotic beasts from Belgium.

So,welcome, Jamey. And here's Jamies Tree's welcome to you. Unseen in Cps systems, so I haven't seen it yet. And, that's Spiers from Band of brothers as this posts cover star. One forgets there was a time when Gallo was actually called Spiers. More on that period later.
.............................................................................


*=Blackies one of those who probably not only knows who reads his every day via computer program stats etc... but he probably has the computer's set up to even record how many people have eated MacDonalds in the previous 12h to when they logged on. I'm curious to know, 'too proud" to deign to bother to find out, and just too plain lazy. Plus, I have an idea of how many people read it each day - and do not want to find out that that number is paltry. My guess? 30. That's all !!

No comments: