21 May, 2007

Two days running with “That Crowd”

I have written about frenz and disappointments and such before- the dissolution of the group and the fraying of units and such… one group of frenz in particular I complained about was That crowd, which I wrote that once they all got their wives, they stopped hanging out the 1.2x a week they used to . Well, we had strong representation both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was draining. The 6am wakeup call was terrible, and the fucking Sox bullpen had to blow a second straight fucking game. 15 or so of the Crowd showed up to celebrate Guitars b-day @ Quenchers, 2400 N. Western. Went with Gf, and had a pretty good time. Even though they had cider, I drank beer: Rocky had turned Gf and I to a Belgian beer (on Devin Hester nite -v- Rams), and since they had it, I had two. Since I haven’t been hanging with Matty boy Jenke a lot lately, I tend to talk and talk and talk until my head explodes,; so I did blather on till total exhaustion felled me. We filled four tables, and the Rogers Park Twins were there (rarely see them anymore). They also had a kool band play- well, one song was great, so good that I thought that it was on the radio. I asked William Randolph H. what the name of the group was, and he looked 2 the chart of bands on the bill and said “well, its either this group or this group”==realizing me that “Hey, this racket I’m digging? It’s being produced live in the other room!!” Liked that song, but the rest was forgettable-back to the frenz room!!

This nite was Sopranos nite @ Mr. and Mrs. John Gunners. They had saved up the three latest episodes to orgy all @ once (their tyke, Gunnar, had broked their old tee vee, so they tivo’d it all). It was real nice: people brought over food (as usual, I brought over nothing, but my much better 4/5th ’s brought some food- bless her) and we had tasty plates of various meat pies, pasta doodles, weird salads, and etc-- I know not the names of any of it, but it all tasted ace.

Wow!! Three hours, in maybe 3 ½ h. So much good show, and its all coming to an end. I believe there is only 2h left. Halloween 2002 a bunch of us went as Sopranos characters to a singularly good party thrown by Vampire. Since then, whenever there is a gathering to watch Sopranos, I always greet those boys who were in costume that nite- and no one else- in the ‘Family style”-Johnny Gunners was Tony, so I’ll go up to him, throw my arms around patting him on the back and say “TONY!!!!”. I do believe that I will retire this greeting in a few weeks, with the shows ending.

No comments: