07 May, 2007

Saturday Style focuses on............The Flemish!!

The day revolved around the welcome home for a bit for the Belgian. The plan eventuslly became for Drax to el it down to 95th and State and have me collect him there. That went well. Since he exhibited a slite bit of wonder, I decided to drive quick like through the Pullman District on 111th and say 1000 East. I've always loved this area. It's a really coool looking part of Chicago built in the 1880's and '90's with lots of surviving row houses and such. We just drove quick through it, but I wanted to give him a flavour. Gf and I had a walkabout a few months ago. I use to teach @ a school that touched the area- from the back window of the school you could see the period buildings. You all should see it one of these days. Enough.

We had been thinking about supper, but decided on Chinese food. Gf came over, so the dinner set was four- the Irish woman (mom), the Belgian man, and the two gringos (Gf and I). Ate up all the yums. Then after getting jiggy with it, three of us went to Lanny's to watch the demolition of the Bulls. Yeesh.

Then came the battle ride north. Drax was all up on playing pool @ Ten Cat, so we headmanned up that way. Dragon showed up later. Remember the rumours about the TenCat bartenders from 15 y.a.? Loved it. Drax wanted to play some billards, and he finally got a table playing a guy who looked like a smaller version of the old Spiritualised bass player: actually, only the leather jacket tied the two to-gether in my head. Drax lost, but the guy left the table: meant that we had an inetrsquad game: the Lovely coupple of Gf and I -v- the belgian and the Lousinniaian (sic). We lost.

Good to see Darrin. He's doing fine and shooting up a storm on his digital camera+ he's trying to make a ,living @ it, and from viewing the shots, he's really good. I keep thinking that it's hard out there for a photo'r.............

No comments: