09 May, 2007

Peter, Bjorn, and John

I was a concert going lad last nite. Blackie challenged me years ago about music and said "C'mon, man , yr a punk rocker and yr....etc" and he was rite: I miss going to shows, and I see so few these days. So, yes I will be going to more.

PB&J were very good. It wasn't Keith'88 or BAD '91 or Dolomite '93 or Ecobelly '96 or Spiritualised '97 or Radiohead '02, but I got out of it what I wanted = several songs had my hips a moving and my feet a pounding. Good show.

My favourite song was a song that I didn't know. They had lots of slow soft stuff, and lots of hard and fast stuff. This song neatly had both parts. Their big hit, the one on some ipod commercial or whatever (cartton of a girl listening to the whistling song) was great as well. I wondered how they'd do it, but it came out perfect. Soft as hell, but the whistle was, well, echo-y perfect. They had this slinky skinny tall lead singer in a summer dress sing the female part, and though I could tell there was nervouseness (she was a performer, though-- she was in one of the opening acts), it was good.

And sexy, too. I always forget the crowd @ these shows are 50% female, and summer approaches. Punk girls, hot weather= I have to turn my eyes until the darkness goes..............................

Who was there? Big John Gunners, Snowden, William Randolph H., Guitars, Chartman (Skinny Craig), et moi. The Joker was supposed to be there, and though we all thought it was cause he was doing his usual "hiding" thing when he douesn';t want to do something, word wispered to me that there was much more afoot than just that. No more on that later.

No comments: