22 May, 2007

Before I laugh and act like a fool.........

Miserable day in school on Monday. Feel it for me, guys- that fancy north shore school? Already did they hire somebody for “my” position. A guy teaching there already in English got the job. In all honesty I prob. never had a chance, although, in all honesty, I bet I’d be 100+x better than whoever they hired. All day it was black mood. Wasn’t good. I remembered “ be good to the kids”, and I very much was- I can’t tell you what a rush it is working with these kids, so happy- but the fact that I started (here’s the rub) the application on 17 November and I haven’t even hit send YET on the online app was the killer.

Again- I held on to the app from then (the suburbs have online app’s, and the districts are all linked online so that when you put in yr email, you basically have all the info already ready for the new district- except for any essays) until now because I was never happy about my essays. I fucked up, and fucked up bad, and there’s no where to go but down*. On the other hand, the city has put out some new tantalizing schools that need their lib. position filled, some beautiful South and some beautiful North. Spurred, To-morrow I send out 4-5 letters/resumes for those places. I got all the confidence in meself for these positions- how fun any interviews will- but…………….so god damn frustrating.

So, I know y’all hate it, but I’m also thinking of casting my eyes East- N.Y.C’d be fun. I’d be going for the simple reason that the city has 2.5x as many people as Chicago, and presumably 2.5x as many library positions. I am somewhat seriously thinking of it. I love cities, and in America, NYC’d be the only choice.

So………the lesson from these two enteries, I guess, is that I’m thinking of moving to New York and becoming a writer**………..wait, what kind of cliché is this??
Must go now......Security………..OUT!!!!!!!

*=Bad Morrissey!!!
**=but we all know that next year I’ll still be a Chicago sub. teacher. How could I leave Mom??

No comments: