24 May, 2007

N.Y.C. / Dreams of another teacher and a hot tub.

So, I kinda tolf Gf yesterday about, well, maybe thinking about moving to N.Y.C. (.00001% chance), and uh, kinda got into trouble. I just don't want to be a sub. tacher till 'm 95, and I've already waited too long- though obv. all my hope's not gone*.


Good news about all that me being a sub. business again. Seems I will not only keep my insurance for awhile (how long??) , but I won't have to pay the $330/m Cobra. I knew yesterday I'd get the privledge of paying the $330/m (which is ok), but then I was told that I won't have to fork over the $330. We'll see.
And yes, I had a dream (see above title). The "freudian" deal was obvious:
It was a fun day yesterday (23d/Wednes.) 'cause the Queen Bee (lady whose been out and I have been working in her position for) came back to see everyone. She's back on 1 June for good (I revert to being a sub. that day), so I will miss the pay etc...
So the dream went thus. Apt. Complex. There are lots of hot teachers here, and one of them (prob., #7 or #8 on the list) was talking to me. A guy came over and invited #7/8 into the hot tub, but did not invite me as well. I woke, and it was kinda just a shallow meaning: The school year moves on, I lose my full officer status, and I will have to look myself for another school next year. Pretty easy call on that one.



*=Bad Morrissey!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read about two high schools in NYC you should send applications to. There's Stuyvesant www.stuy.ed where the average SAT for students is 1400. Then there's the Bronx H.S. of Science -- on half days you could walk to the ball park. If you move I'll come out and buy you a pizza.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'd be living in Bronx or one of the bridge and tunnel places- Mt. Greenwood has allowed me to be comfortable being just inside city lines while also being 'like 'in the suburbs.

Anonymous said...

I checked out the Bronx H.S. of Science wikipedia entry and learned that my favorite Stokley Carmichael attended. Also Robert "Synth" Moog and most importantly -- Uncle Junior Dominic Chianese!