04 May, 2007

Rememberance of Girls past....

La Voiture, on the Trans school injection (Apollo project, y'know), and the voice (after telling me that I can't be a man because I doesn't smoke the same cigerettes as him) said "it's never before happened in the NBA: a #8 seed beats a #1 seed (good riddence, Dallas). However, I remember a Friday party when the word got out that it was Seattle losing to #8 seed Denver.

Why this rememberance? At the party was Yesterdays Papers* (if yr a big enough Stones fan, y'll know, but others : see the title), which @ this time this dysfunctional boy still had a hard time being around (1 1/2 y after fin). And what i remember is @ some point grabbing control of the music, putting on "Mama's always on Stage" and getting some to danse: most especially her, who did that greatest of all dansing maneuvers, the twirl**.

Makes me think of Cranks faces last party, the greatest one, (mad dansing that nite) where one of the guys, after playing that song 10 years later, sweatily came over and said "inspired choice".

I knew, I always did.

*=Madonna
**= all my dansing is predicated on this move

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh great, first he's the greatest film director since Kurasawa, the greatest dj since dj jazzy Jeff, and now..............wait, I forgot what I was pillorying (sic)him for. Fux'm

Anonymous said...

Not only did the 1999 Knicks (the 8th Seed) beat the 1st seed Heat in a 5-game thriller, they advanced all the way to The Finals. Behind the great play of Allan Houston, Marcus Camby, LJ and Spree they swept the Atlanta Wilkins in the 2nd round then beat the Pacers in 6 games to reach Finals. Despite 35 points from Spree in Game 5, the Ewing-less Knicks lost to the Spurs in 5 games.

Anonymous said...

After a orf stop, The Angry pacifist/K and I stopped in Wrigleyville (HI Tops, the old Nixx bar of choice) to watch one of those games. What I remember is both of us cheering loudly for the Nixx- one of our frenz was a big fan, so we joined in......

Anonymous said...

I have returned to this post just to check the comments on my comment. I continue my boycott of this and all other blogs. I would just like all of you who recorded yesterday as that most magnificent of days, when the beginning of the end of blogs began, to record this date, May 4, as the most important date in human history (not yesterday, because technically I am still reading the blog). So let us begin. TODAY ALL BLOGS MUST END. STOP READING AND TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER. NOW! YOUR STILL READING...TURN IT OFF. I'M NOT JOKING! BOLO! ALL PRAISE THE GREAT LEADER...CAPTAIN LUDD!

Anonymous said...

我艱苦服務I 愛我家