04 May, 2007

The Trans school injection

Officially, more or less, I love driving. I'm one of those now. My favourite is the simple coup d'oeil, which I hope I got rite : the ability to see all and sum it up with the glance of an eye (one of Napoleon's great attributes. This is just the getting used to driving and knowing where to go to get from a-zed most quickly. So, my trans school injection in the morning is always a joy, especially when Pulaski goes from 2-3 lanes. There is a lot of out and in, speed this way mad then that way: slow down. Expressway driving, very similar to my morning commute*, is even better. Now, a road trip of several hours duration can quickly do that in, but generally its fun.

Plus I can pretend to be a fighter pilot. There is a favoured phrase of mine, "On your six", which means that there's someone right on yr tail (six o'clock). When driving, esp. @ speed, I always have exagerrated glances into my blind spot: the better to pilot you with, my dear.

*=liar!

No comments: