01 March, 2007

Lenten promises to myself

So its Lent, and we good Catholics give stuff up for the 50 days or so. The major thing I wanted to rid myself of is the all out assault on my heart and lungs that I've stupidly continued for years. Last year was an important step when I more or less halved the attrition on those organs. However, the unfiltered campaign that I've continued on the organs continued, so I've finally made the correct steps to , well, correct it. Ash was the last time, and yes it will continue, but @ a 98% reduced rate. Thanks to Jackson and Frank for continually being on me.

I also gave up caffine, but have not been 100% successful. Gone, finally, is my morning cup of joe on M-F, but still indulge on wkds. Just the rller coaster of each day was digging into me. Thanks to Jackson, my health guru, for getting on me about this.

One more for Jackson. My plan (well, his plan that I've adapted) is to drink a full gallon of water each day. I'm up to, maybe 40z (64z=100%), but its getting better. I'm starting to drink from a little cup, and that makes it weasier than the direct slugs from the jugs I used to drink from.

Here's one from Rocky. Monday I signed up for a big old heart test. Gotta be @ Mercy hospital, all fasted up,@ 0800h. Hungry I'll be, but I'm two score and one, without ever having a heart and lung test, and given the sloppy living, its hi time. Rocky had one last year; nows my time.

So, Lents been pretty good. I have to be responsible, and then my favourite day of the year: Good Friday, when I get to yell in church : Crucify Him !! Crucuify Him !! trust me, I like to yell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure your Lenten commitment is an inspiration to us all but do you think you could spare a wee taste for dear old Fr. Gallo this Sunday?