09 March, 2007

The Glory of us all


What satisfied him?

To have sustained no positive loss. To have brought a positive gain to
others. Light to the gentiles.


Rocky just gave me the holy manna. Earlier he turned me onto the free books thing (scroll below to-day) and I immediately looked under "Joyce, James" for Ulysses to no avail. But here it is, in its glory. I absol. love the book, even better than............oh, all art is good. But Ulysses is very special to me, and NOT in the "I'm so kool because the only people I know who read this is Balckie and I" type of way*. I guess I can't claim that 'cause Darwina read it as well, but she's a PhD in Lit., so she don't count. Yes she does.

So, Ill be posting out favoured passages from time to time. The above one glories in the character Bloom- one of us all, AND with 'the touch of the artist about him'. I'll have to find the bannana peel passage next. Or the Strategam one. Or the Catalog Them one. Or the fireworks on the strand one. Or the yes to say yew--nah, too famous.....................

Here's the direct to Ulysses

Its in the linx as well.

*= Notice how i did have to say that I did read it........but I won't mention I rad it 3x now. Kill.

No comments: