06 March, 2007

Younge People's Birthdays, Part the First/Friday

Someone elses birthday, but it's all about me.

I'm pretty cheap, I get it from my dad, and i don't think its a terribly bad thing. It can be embarrassing, though.

So, it's Sunshine Vampire's 30th b-day. People en masse went out to eat @ some Italiano Ristorante, but the combinaton of gf's late work schedule and my.............penny pinching values meant that we'd miss the meal BUT make it for the aftereat's.

I have studiously avoided all sorts of dinners of the type that was had this nite= a gathering of frenz to celebrate whathaveyou- a 30th, a 40th, a wedding, an etc. etc. Why? Growing up, my family went out to a restuaraunt twice. Once didn't count, since Aunt Winnie took us out. To me (and I know i'm twisted)resturaunts were anyting but a place to eat. So it's hard to go even now. What's the cheapest thing I can get?
So, when there are these gathering types where lots go, I never enjoy myself beacuse I always think Shit, if it was just me, I'd be paying, let's see, $7.50, the tax makes.........round it off....... that's 19%, that's fine.....ok, just over $10, that's cool....... and instead, i'm totally like............. Fuck, that fucking lush is adding another drink.......i gotta kill her.........mann, ANOTHER ROUND OF APATISERS..........AND THEY'RE FISH!!!!!!!! Great, the bill is split amongst us all, and my carefully conserved $10 sudenly becomes......$41!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! . I know, most outings of this type mean you pay for what you got, but I got some really nice inhibitors in me. I hate going to restuarunts now unless I got some sortav' 1/2 price coupon involved (for another day)


So, I'm determined to overcome this, @ least a bit, so I wanted finally to go to one of these dinners-Sunshines to-nite, for a start. But i wasn't all THAT put out when gf couldn'y go, and I opted out.

But we did go to the afterdrinx. Rite near our Russian friends crib (as K sometimes calls him). So I stopped by to say hi, then plundered to the Hungry Brain. There I talked @ times, but mulled about a bit, so gf wasn't that happy with me this nite. But it was a fun, crowded crowd. Sunshine's b-day party coincided with her husband Vampires sisters ........something........his sister had a whole contingent represented this nite. We stayed until they kicked us out. Had 3 ciders, the last one because I had a nap . Lots of people showed, and it was a time to hearken back to the 1.2/wk days.

Two things I remember best of all (1 & 2 are not related).
1) GF mad @ me.
2)Long conversation w/ an old friend (Funkee)who is great frenz w/ an old girlfriend. Funkee's friend is also friends avec ma cousine. So, people who know know I get hung up on old girlfriends, sometimes absurdly so. Last week ma cousine had told me a story, and this nite funkee was telling the more or less same story, about me in a flattering light (believe it or not, it was about me dj'ing a party) that they told to my old girldfriend- lets call her Madonna, because that's what her parents called her. Now, when it was time for me and Madonna to end it (She @ the time was the girl I'd gone out wit longer than anyotherone except for Q), I got........hung up !! Took a long time (It was the first time to feel bad after a relationship for me) but there were other sadnesses to come. Anyway, I liked thinking that 15 years ago I could only hope with my most feveront wishs and holy prayers and etc.'s that Madonna could only but one day in the future hear how i was doing and in a good way......................yeah yeah, I can smile about it now but at the time it was terrible......

No comments: