30 March, 2007

April/Come she will

And it's national peotry Month, so I get to put up a bunch of peorty books after break. However, the other window is up and 90% finished for April. It's called "Opening Day 2007" and I will tell you about my snarky bits..........

So, most know I'm a pretty big White Sox fan, and I have taken April to throw up a huge peonna(sp) to the Sox. We have books on the World Sox of course, and a huge Sox encloypedia. A history of Chicago in the World Series (my lone Cubs contribution, but the cover shows the 1906 series, where the Sox beat the Cubs 4 games to 2). Ed Walsh on the cover of a perfect game book, even though he never threw a perfect game. Ron Kittle on the cover of Charley lau's hitting boo. But it runs out then, so I have to be clever. Babe Ruth (The Greatest Player of All Time- c'mon, argue wit me, and I'll throw up his 90= pitching victories in yr face) Roberto Clemente, and Jackie Robinson had to be up there, but then :

There's El Duque (in a Yankee's uni)
There's Bo Jackson
There's Jose Canseco
There's Steve Carlton (Phillies uni)
There's Michael Jordan (Birmingham Bulls uni)

Connexion? Of course, all former Sox players, if only for a year or less. Finally, the new book about Kurt Flood, the first free agent (Up the Workers!!!), was thrown up. AND, a relative of one of the American League champs, the Tigers, works here. I get along with her well (veddy nice lady), and she was only too happy to contrib. a picture of her son. I also got a kool negro league poster that I put in the window, and I will get old Sox stuff from home after break. I'm thinking of putting an old Sox hat and my old Iroquios little league hat (9 yrs old) to hang in the window. Its ahead of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that Curtis Granderson's mom? If so, he's a member of my fantasy team.