06 March, 2007

Young People's Birthdays, Part the Second? Saturday

Young Gunners first. I was moving late late late, and gf and I (we had a great day) arrived after a lot of That Crowd had left. Who was left? Grandpa Gunners (he is a retired college football coach, so I have always a bit of 'liking' of him - I've never really talked to him bigtime, but I always have an affinity for fellow coaches) was one. Lot of other olde people as well. I was with The Guitars, Big John, William Randolf, Chartman, Snowden, and GF.

The kid himself is in the Lump mode- a crying shitting machine, so I have very little interest. Give him, say, 11m and he'll turn into something kool. Not yet.

The boys were sitting around palnning their trip to Southwest by Southwest, the huge musical happening in Austin, Tejas. They go every every every spring. They got their tix for travel, hotel, and the shows months ago. They sat arouind Big Johns Mac and were listeneing to the different groups that they were interested in going to see. It seems every band has 2-3-15 songs you can download for free, so the group that's going (3 above plus Smokey Treats and Joker this year) have listening parties. Its a kool operation, and I'm glad that work, adulthood,relationships, children, etc... have not stopped them.

I'd love to go one of these years, but something ancient and wonderful always falls on that same weekend : The opening rounds of the NCAA'S. This will be written about in dcs in coming days, but its a part of my youth, going back to the rabid days of the 70's, that I canna give up. Maybe one of these years.

Big Johns wife is Cath. I understand I'm talking about another mans wife, but one thing that I think old girlfrenz have bread (sp) in me is to love a adult mature woman (everything is in its place kinda woman). I've been with several, and I just find it sexy as hell. Cath is one of those adult girls (and cool as hell), and Johnny Gunners is lucky to have her. I remember.......ok, another post on this subject (so I can talk about old gfrenz and get away with it...). The Gunners had Jimmy Johns, so I stuffed my gullet wit that shit and whatever else I could. I tried a beer, but like all beer, it tasted like shit (what do you people see in that shit?). Hung out with the cigerette crowd on the poarch for a bit- no, no tobacco for me (or ever again). Everyone left, and gf and I hung out for a long time. This was nice - not quite the "couples hanging out thing" that in my younger days I would sneer @ (see, what, yesterdays colum?), but sorta like it. It was good.

No comments: