23 March, 2007

jamie tree

Got aholda Jamie last nite, and he seemed pretty amenable to me hanging out with him. Jamie tree is a real, honest to goodness schitzophrenic that I've known since Dekalb days of 1990. When i first met him I just thought he was knida funky. his condition deterioiated over the years, and he became a real hassle. So, that hristian thing, where we are supposed to look after the sick?? I know.

So I called him last nite, and he sounded pretty ok. Just the fact that he wanted to hang out was a good sign. He has a kid with another friend of mine, Sandra, and she works on the wkd. jamie has his hand full these days, so he was happy to hear from me. He's had some wicked days in his past, and like some other frenz of mine I always blamed myself for any faults in our friendship. Well, there was that thing between Spanky* (an old girlfriend of his.......and mine)and me, but that was HIS IDEA............well, unless y count the countless thoughts I had of her in my own mind. But now i realise that all people are funky, and if he is blaming all the world for his condition today, I don't necessarily have to agree with him on my part of the fault.

He lives on disability in beautiful Rogers Park. He pays no rent beacuse he lives with a bunch of other irregulars. I'm encouraged- he's an open book generally, and what I read into his tone was pretty good. We'll see.

*= first mention of this old lover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be ye therefore merciful, as your father is merciful. Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not: and ye shall not be condemned. Fogive, and ye shall be forgiven. Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, shall give men into your bosoms. For with what measure ye mete, with the same shall men mete to you again.

Anonymous said...

ich bin ein nazi