15 October, 2007

saturday nite

There comes a time every year in my life around now= the expiration dates on my Entertainment book two for one coupons come nigh, and all those wonderful pans to eat @ these fivethoudasnd places for half price comes to an end.

Ah, the Entertainment book- one of my favourite coveting objects. Starts off this post with the acknowledgable 'fact' that I'm a cheapskate. Learned it the Dadway, so taunts from others only make me realise that I'm doing something rite, @ least.


I look for sales and coupons everywhere. Used to make a point of attending every Sox 1/2 priced Monday games, like the Sunday coupons in the paper, and look for all other breaks. But the coupon book is special to me- Gf found a lost one summer of '05 and off we went. I like it 'cause it's a price saver- we can go out to this or that proscribed restuaraunt and enjoy a goodmealnite and still I feel ok 'cause I saved a bit. Nice to give the waitress a big tip on money saved. Anf to Gf, it's anite out- she's 101% chill on the cheap factor since I do actually spent time, though, and $ on her for evenongs out. A change for her.
So, with the expiration date -- 1 Nov. -- approaching, there comes the "rip out coupons for every likely place we want to go and lets plan it". So, we got the last time @ Quigley's, a place we love. In the hood, lots of people on weekends, real good food (with the single exception of their shitty breakfast fry on Sunday mornings-- the only place in the world where ican prepare a dish better than the cooks there), and half priced coupons.

It was good. We both left nothing on the plate. I had my complete regular platter= the burger and chedder and bacon and sauce. She had...wait, did she have fish ?? No matter, it was good. We also watched the Fire play the 2d half. Tie.

No comments: