10 October, 2007

The Lancing Five

Spurred by Rocky and the absence of Reggie Jaxx, I finally moved on the Phone Call Summer project. Several thoughts. One is the massive volume of material spread out over cassette tapes. L.F.P. has the five oldest tapes, but I have the next 14. That's 19 cassette tapes filled to the jilldills with action. I have gone through some of the older tapes, and these are some of the thoughts.

Mooch (Hilts), BCD (Straw, no more though...), Big Man and I were total wimps compared to LFP. When it comes time to drop the hammer on a fone crank call and totally make it work, LFP had both the guts and the "I don't care" attitude to be the bull in a china shop. Or Gammera in a China shop. One can hear on the tapes us just fiddling around, then here comes LFP smashing everything to pieces. Don't get me wrong- we had lots of plots and theories and etc that all of us contribued - the machine guns were my idea- but on free calls, when the chips were down, we could count on LFP to totally insult the other person, be rude, obnoxious, loud, etc......... Basically fill the mission of the Lancing Five.
I already have enough material to make great stuff for a rocky style video-- and it's just people on the air talking about us....on bits of 2 tapes. Wait till I get the heavy stuff.
And some think that it is ME that is a loud person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't there a commitment on behalf of the 5 to refrain from vulgarity and insults? I believe it lasted until the 2nd phone call. Best never captured moment -as Mooch cleverly conned his way on the air - the look on his face as he said "I'M ON!"