10 October, 2007

Politics

Several thoughts about politics lately.
Fred Thompson.
Rolling Stone had a great article @ his vacantness, then a few days later so did NYT . Pretty funny. I wouldn't vote for any of them, ever. Loser.
Larry Craig.
I have mixed feeling about him.
I find it hard to believe that the police are setting up stings for consenting adults who want to have sex. However, I also agree with Savage Love that maybe public bathrooms are not the best place for sex when they are supposed to be used for the usual bathroom stylings.
I think it's great that as an - and i'm guessing he is- homosexual man, Craig was gettin' some. If it's in a bathroom, he was having fun. However, when one of those gettin' some are the same that pass laws that are meant to demonize gay people, then good riddence to them.
But then again, Mr. Anne Hathaway, what makes 'bibliotech blushes' better than blowjobs in the bathroom? And don't quote Morrissey's "But this Loves different/because it's us".
I know this isn't politics, but I have a very gay friend who loves to go to the bathhouses and play. We were discussing the merits of this one day---me going "shit that would be great" but he immediately laid it on the line that although the bathhouses are a great thing about being gay, in virtually every other scenario staright boys got gay boys beat.
He's rite.
Democratic Primary
I am a registered democrat. I grew up in the type of 'hood that when I turned 18, I got an immediate visit from the precint capatin to sign me up. I voted for the democratic candidates in '84, 88, and 1992. Then I quit politics until Ralph Nader showed us that America REALLY CAN be a great nation. I still have very little faith in the Democrats and probably will not vote for any of their kind some the general election-- but I've got a free and easy vote for the primary (and hope whoever wind beats the republican stiff come November) and I intend to use it.

No comments: