24 June, 2008

plotting


Remember what my garden grew like but three weeks ago my yard (as well as . To celebrate my finally tomatoinglimabeaning it), here are garden snaps and annotations. Above is from same perspective as three weeks ago snap.

These are (above)one of my beans. As always, they grow and grow and grow - hence the Jack and the beanstalk deal. Believe it. They are productive as hell, and each plant produces enough for a family of four for dinner each week. The most productive plant around.




Ah - my delicious peas (above). As productive as the beans are, the 16 pea plants will make enough for......maybe one meal for a family of three. But sweet and tasty. They also wear the soil like fuck, so I will dump lots of grass and compost when I reuse this area of the plot later in the summer.




Unknown. Never before Lima beans been blanted by be. However, they are growing @ a Jack/beanstalk rate, so i expect great things. Feed the Third World sorta stuff, y know?




Baby tomatoes now, wonder plants in September. Should've been grounded two weeks ago, and larger. Lazy I. But the sun is strong, the water flows, and the soil is rotten good. They will advance to their usual position of dominance. This year, I seeded two different types in soil pots - the usual Roma, and because of rampant requests - juicy.

Problem - I cant tell the difference yet, so i planted - I THINK- two of each. We'll see.



The mighty cucumber. Forget what I said about about the producivity of the beans - this may be the most productive plant. I have grand plans, copped off of Vito's Dad's gardens and baby started by me last year,of twining the cucumber 'vines' up the house on one side of the garden and up the garage on the other.

No comments: