19 June, 2008

Klas 2.0

Second edition for Klaus show, and I'm on the set. I'm doing an opening 10m or so, and I have totally scuppered plans for music. It'll be 10m of basically just me, doing a few skits. I have to move to totally write out the scripts and start practicing. I'll amidt that being in front of, say, 40 people- or three or four hundred -is totally natural for me - as long as it's in a school setting and the 400 are 16 yo. This performing in front of a crowd will need me to practice my piece w/out a hitch. Practice.
Three peopl.e will like it, and I bet only one of them will be there (Lazers, chemical Man, and Processed). Every one else willbe like "Huh?". I fear women will be disgusted (no sex in it), especially Gf.
But my innards are laughing their asses off that I'm actually gonna be able to inflict - for 10m - my inflictions on a crowd. Should be a lot of fun. But boy people are gonna not wanna talk to me after.
Then there is the name. rocky called and said "Band name needed now" and sleep made me sleepy headed. We agreed on Hilts 10m, then 30m of talking it over w/ Matt Jenke and he suggested "The Battle of the Denmark Strait". Now, readers will remember a time about 2-3m ago when I was bottomed out and the only thing I could come up with for this blog was changing the title and cover star from "Before the Denmark Strait" to "During the Denmark Strait" to "After the Denmark Strait" w/ appropriate pictures of Hood or Prinz Eugen etc etc etc... Strange -that's all I could do during that week or two - oh, I'm sure i have many posts in and some mite have made you smile or whatever - but for me, printin g picture after nuanced picture of that battle was my main point. So, I'm glad the change has been made.
Show should be good. I need to start winnowing my ideas down into three performable skits. LAzers, Chemical Man and Processed have to be made to laugh.

No comments: