04 June, 2008

manna

Way back when I was in the milieu of the Rolling Stones writing - that Stones Week stuff from 6-8m ago - there was a Holy Grail. Years ago, when Round Records was going out of business, I was able to score for 1/2 price a 45 song Stones bootleg of lots of early boots and live stuff. Early demo's of 'Satisfaction' and 'JJ Flash', as well, as tonnes of obscure blues covers (Bo Diddly songs a LOT). I made a cassette and enjoyed the years away.

Lost the tape a first time. One day @ Dragons, and what was found in a dusty box of cassettes? Lost again, this time for several years. Since the NS-1 Strasser is cassette equipped only, I really wanted to find the ducking tape. 45 bootleg Stones songs!!

But just yesterday I finally found it. I put an unmarked tape into the player, and what came out? That early version of 'JJ Flash', with Mick in that English voice starting it with "Go!"

No comments: