04 June, 2008

my cousin who is beastly engaged

sorry for the joycian title to this, but it rythimed w/ the rest of it, so I put it on. My cousin MAC, who called me last Friday, was in town. Now, last Friday was one of those death marchs, so Friday and Saturday I was all out of commission. On Sunday, we went up to the Noth Pole -err, Greyslake.

This is another version of me being unable to face 'tough' situations'. I never called her last weekend, so i just avoided the situation. I'm a loser. She's one of my closest frenz, and still there is this disconnect between me and the adult world.

But we got a second chance. She's called Sunday saying she was leaving to-morrow (Monday) in the afternoon - so the plan was to meet for something on Sunday. BBQ made it easy - feed MOM, make GF happy, MAC's be straight wit it. So, BBQ.

Turned out well. MAC is a very outgoing women, and both of the most important women in my life enjoyed the BBQ. Actually, what I think they enjoyed was actually me getting off of my ass and actually doing something. I'd made the turkey burgers last week, and I grilled them and sausages. Whenever I actually do something,they are happy. Why didn't I only get the eccentricity from Father, and not any of the work ethic??


Plans for MA's wedding were discussed. In the great state of Montana, sometime in September. I bet I'll have to miss a soccer game or two -fire and whatever school I'll be @ - then, but that's kool. However, since an old girl or two will be there as well, i bet; I wonder how tough that weekend will be*. It'll be a fucking nitemare.
.........................
*=see earlier writings

No comments: