04 June, 2008

Into the ground / pictures later

Finally put my sprouts into the ground. I had no school yeaterday, so I laboured on the earth all day. Cleared out a spcae for the flowers (ho hum), and finally cleared away my patch. It's a bit bigger than last year - next yearw ill also gain a few feet - but it's still not a monster.

I cleared away all bits of other vegatation that grows the second you look elsewhere. I mixed it in all to-gether. I put up the chicken wire fences to keep out the rabbits. I like the rabbits,but I also do not want my pea plants to be totally devastated.

So: six green bean plants, 16 pea plants, and two cucumber plants. Tomatoes to follow later, as well as onions, brussel sprouts, etc... Not bad. Always looks good, with the black dirt, the nicely put up fencing, the straight lines of the boards for me to walk on, and all the promise of the beautiful harvest in the fall.

Sorta like dating a new girl, I guess.

No comments: