18 June, 2008

cheque!!

My soccer coaching posts this season - very few, since I wasn't gonna post @ all on it - show an obvious love of that context by me. Something about 16 great kids looking up to me for leadership - demanding leadership - is food for my soul.

And - I GOT PAID!!


My cheque - for 1200+ American after taxes - represents the most $$ I've ever been reimbursed for. Now, understand - I've gone decades w/out being paid for coaching. Lots of grammar school seasons after grammar school seasons and summer leagues and hours and hours of high school. So this cheuque - a nice little sum, to be sure - is mighty welcome, if only for the stunning amount of hours we put in.

Two years ago was the most work ever. Our season lasted the entire year basically - 3 weeks before school started the boys were practicing, then two weeks after the boys season eded we went to 5 a weeks practice till 7 pm for the girls. Season ended for me -no more practices - w/ a month left in school. Really demanded dedication. $4.32/hour, not counting summer.

This season was so much less time effort. I bet I made, like, $8/h this year.

No comments: