22 June, 2008

Damn that shit was dope

Sir Gozzers BBQ. When woken, speed seemed the need of the day. Online checked, it was a 1700h start, so I could immediately relax and putz about and watch the Sox game.

Long drive, but not too far from Gf's. Easily found followed from handwritten map necessitated by a nonprinting laptop.

Good time. I went there for the people, of course, but found true love amongst the smoked ribbs and the smoked pork and the smoke. There were massive rolls of Webers and grill manns all working, smoking up their delight, tables of food, tubbs of drink, etc... Gozza love the BBQ - has some captains wings from the BBQ wars of past - but both of the above (pork and ribbs) were smoked smoked smoked. Loved it, and ate too few of it - i get stuffed so easily that when it came time to reeat - it was all gone.

But the fucking smoked aspect of it. Next year -earlier and hungrier.

Nice crowd. Gozza's got an in on that 'set combination' of frenz that I also hold in commen. So, frenz I pompously categorize in both the Middle and Young Guard - so does Gozza (though I'm sure he will not - again - pompously name sections of his frenz for Napoleanic army formation. S0 - the Middle Guard, who I met in university, has elements that went to Gozza' HS. Then, in the Young, elements from another university we went to. Love the connexions.

And - the connexions grow. For example, Smokey Treats, fully in the Young, now works with Rocky - in the Middle. It was also good to ask about people past. The Parrot, for example. A successful artist who is in magazine adverts and shows the MCA and all that. Wasn't there, but one of his old Fag Hags was. Also, a flame from my past was here- Saur Kraut. I got into trouble a few weeks ago because an old kissy face was actually in the samw room as GF - not my fault, I blame Rocky - and I really worried this time. But it was for naught - Gf was fine, and Saur and I talked a lot. Easily and it was fun. Plus - this old cross necklace, that I lent her in say '93- for we were still kissy faceing @ that point- was promised back to me. So- good in multiple arenas, that.

Lots there. Gozza and Wife, da hosts. Smokey Treats, William Randolph, Chartman, Gunnerson and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Vampire. Advancing under fire. Rocky and Processed : fixed bayonets. Saur Kraut. And even the Dog Walker. And no, to you who asked - I do not think you should try. Just stupid.

Gozza nicknamed me twice. Drank a bit, and it was the halfs. He christined me "Fancy Pouring Dude" after watching me make a half-pouring drink over a spoon into a glass. Then, late, I became the named person when Gozza exclaimed, drunkly wobblinginly by this time of the nite "There's always an Eleven-thirty Brat Guy".


But shit, the brats were also so good that I was glad to fufill the scripture that read "There's always an Eleven-thirty Brat Guy". Hey - look in the bible - it's there somewhere.

Pics - the drunken, half focused late nite tries -will be pubb'ed here later. Thinking that Roxx got better snaps. processed had his gear going.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Thanks for the words, man. I've posted my own account of the eve to my blah blah blog.