06 June, 2008

midrash

So, my New Testement in cassettes - ideal for the NS-1 Peter Strasser's audio system - finally came to the Chicago Public Library via interlib loan. I immdeiately hit that shit going home yesterday - from rocking 1963 Stones boots in the AM to listening to Mark in the afternoon.

Why? I realised that it's stupid for me to continue to read about the New Testemant w/out actually reading it. The car is a perfect place to do it - good dual use of time - driving whereever and also 'reading' a book.

Impressions so far? Mark is short - I was shocked it went so fast. And - it seems mark is a list of where jesus went and who Jesus healed. Not too much teaching - oh, a mustard seed and Moses and divorce make their appeareances ; but not too much.

It's fun. Matthew is next.

No comments: