19 September, 2007

While were on Caesar/ ‘A People’s History of the Chicago Danse Floor: House Parties, 1980-2007’ part 3

There was a great party once- it was the Ides of March, 1996. This was during the time that Vito and I were the party masters, and they all dansed. This was the point of life @ that point.

For starters, there is a very big backdrop to this story for me- this was my 12 days of Spanky time- this was Jimies girlfriend for 1 1/2 years when they decided to have an open relationship, and I had commented on how much I'd wanted to spank her tush when I saw it's underweared from scuttling into the bathroom late one nite (Yes, Jimey and I did/do have that kinda relationship- and yes, we are still frenz despite the fact that I slept w/ her.)*
This party was after The 12 Days - it mita been day 14 and there was no sense in my mind it was just about over- and all I thought about was her. Frenzy @ that point about her- y 'know, 14 days in as opposed to 14w or 14m or 14y in- all valid and good and perfect, but yes to say yes to saythat all of the 14's are different.

Frenzied to me meant fevered preperations and skits to be done. They had a drum set there - Joker made music with Blackie a bit back then**, and I constantly put on "Victim of Love" by Earasure and "Compton" by NWA and drummed along--racketed along. Then we made up a rap that was about......?....... and did it to the "Compton" beat.
But the point came where, in every party, we wanted to danse. When Spanky came, I was instantly transformed into a jenkeized version of a sock, or a book underneath a bead, or something hidden in a corner or whatever-- silent, scared, stupid. There she was, but the context was just................... So, I took no part in the dansing, which broke out once: It was Blur's "Boys and Girls", and watching Joker and Gunner and Vito and all faces while they were jumping up and down to the song, with great big grinns cracking their face, I knew : "HEY, even though it lasted only one song, this Ides of March party was a PARTY , if only for tha fact that we got 3m of dansing". Just the look on Jokers and Gunner s face told me, at least: "WE did it!! All thiose parties where we go and there's girls dansing- WE DID IT !!!" I was happy, but I bet I was alot more horny......wait, one more story.

The other memory of that nite was the "Ides" skit we set up. Since I......hung out...........a lot..............in 14 days................it was decided that I was to be assinated and it was Jimie who was supposed to be the premier stabber. Since I was so out of it, all our plans fell through- no rap, no skit, etc...but the Ides went on. It was real funny- 1/2 way through the party, about 5-6 guys grabbed me and started "stabbing" me. Joker approached me first and said "we have to do this" and then all 5-6- incredibly funny, unexpected, and great.
I was a victim of Love.
..............................
*It's been requested, and yes it will make an appearance- the El Trane Incident- but maybe it will appear on Winky's own blog, which I hear he is considering for his........WINKY type stories. Wimp, more like it. I'm not going to print his trashy stories anymore- Too scandelous for this blog. Or something like that.
** The immortal "Toys" is quite a raw favourite of my frenz muzak.

No comments: