11 September, 2007

Lenny

"Are you gonna go my way?" was a song that was on the Superhitz list when I lived @ the Lunt House in the early to mid 90's. It seemed that all four of my Rogers Park Roomies (as opposed to my Homan Roomies and my Walcott Roomies @ the time- yes, I lived fully in three addresses then.) had the LP and rocked it constantly. We were always rockin'. My superspecfic favourite memory of that song is when Jackson, Vito, Grimm* and I were out @ some nice club that Grimm had gottten us into for free. "Are you gonna go my way?" came on the system, and Grimm asked some girls nearby to danse, and just for this song. He wasn't hitting on them, just wanted to danse and didn't feel ok about dansing by hisself. Now, these were days where many of us would go out dansing twice or three times a week, and usually we dansed alone. Hell, we even went regularly into the easier gay bars** and danse (and, yes, we'd go to gay bars to ...... pick up woman (true). So it's kinda funny that Grimm, who, uh, dansed in gay bars by himself for a living during one stint of his life.
"Lovely Lady" Yes, a commercial- the one w/ Sarah Jesse Parker in the Gap ad shilling- bad song, not interesting, but it caught me and it's still in my head. I like it........uh yeah yeah, im a punk rocker and im kool because ......shit, went to the well too many times with that sthicht........I like it ok.

"American Woman" Yes a Lenny song, but my favourite memory of this song is when The Guess Who played out high school in 1982 or so and rocked the nite w/ this cut. Why I post this up is because rite when the band hit into that "American Woman" riff- y know, THE RIFF- the singer and another group member got their instrument cables mixed up. Until they got it all undone, the band kept to that riff for 10m- and, it's a good riff.

"Mr. Cab Driver" The best of the four songs here- nah, "Go my way" is- I've heard a couple times. It's a catchy song and have found myself playing it on the Jukebox @ T.C.'s
So, Lenny's ok. All artists have something in them, usually, that is good. Some make my feet tap, some remind me of youth, and some.............well, one never knows why really.
.....................................................
*=What? Can't I call a spade a spade sometimes??
**=the more straight friendly ones that had chix

2 comments:

Baywatch said...

are you calling grimm a spade?

Hilts said...

no, jus' calling a grimm a grimm