10 September, 2007

Special Education

So, I no longer practice librarianship. I am, for the time being, a special education teacher. Well, a substitute special education teracher. First off, I'd like to say that I'M GLAD MY VACATION IS OVER. What a wreck this summer was. It feels good to be actually doing something; those days of lying on my back, thinking "Oh that would be good to write about", and promptly forgetting it all. what a waste.
This school is a very happy place for me. I am not the librarian anymore, but everyone treats me as such still, which I like. Librarianship is where my future lies, but for now...
I have five classes. Two I am in another teachers class helping the special ed kids who are mainstreamed in with the lesson. I tend to wander the classroom helping those who need it. Two other classes I have 8-10 special ed kids and I get to teach them: History!! Real elementarily. Final class is a Resource Class, where I have 6-7 kids who bring their work into this class and I help them with it - I'm a tutor, basically.
So, I got some real good kids, but I also have some on ventilators, not being able to talk, see, hear, etc... Again, I thank Jesus for my graces............ I'm very lucky.

No comments: