10 September, 2007

dcs blog annual staff dinner

Went to the giant fundraiser fior the Hamdard Center Saturday w/ Gf. Was a tonne of people I know there: Jackson and wife, BBall and wife, Frankie Diamond and wife to be, Bonnix, Atony, and The Baptiste. Quite the crowd.
Hamdard is a social service center focusing on mental health generally for various (generally Muslim, especially woman and children) immigrants. It's always a real fancy deal w/ heavy hitters and rich people. I always love going for a number of reasons. It's a good cause- the people the Hamdard center provides for really need this- often they have no place else to turn. I get to see a lot of frenz- it's been years since I've seen Baptiste (his bachelor party, i think). The food is always great- I made this remark before, but I've never tasted better Indian food. I understand there are probably many superfine food shacks for the Indian stuff, but this is my favourite.
It's always funny to see my frenz in this context- it's fun to see the "I'm on the board" side.

No comments: