25 September, 2007

After all my drinking weekend

friday nite !!
Hung w/ The Rock and co manny bits of last wkd. Friday nite was the planned stopover in Russia to see Mena (i thInk this giants name is), then throttled back to make the Trans Evanston Injection to go to The Rocks.
Had comapny. Knew that the two little fluffy bits running about both my place and his place would enjoy hours to-gether, so Bolo made the trip. Played w/ Maximillion. Had some ciders, took the dogs for wee walky bits, and captured tonnes of tapes Rox lent me- 14 is the count. He'd read of my exploring my old cassettes as a car accompyner for me, and out came his collection. The Hen ? Splashy Girl? Old Bog from 1986 one and old Beatles mixed by an old lover on another. And, several Kinks collections- BBC, rarities etc... Nice collection, and I'm in the process of listening to then all.
Several thoughts:
I was hepped up to listen to Rockies old loves Beatle mix. Yes, I know it's not kool to have crushes on yr frenz girlfrenz, but................................ uh, VITO DID TOO !!!!................and ....uh.........well, she was sexy as hell. And, since I'm loving the beatles, I wanted to hear her selections. The first side I put on was the "OLder Beatles Side", and I will admidt I was pretty bored by it. Shit, this is what she puts down? But the "Younger Beatles Side" was better. And then: This was definately a "message" tape. Reading into the Beatles music, and then Carley Simon and "Who wants to buy/This diamond ring" song (Yes, its a beatles tape, but they somehow ended up there as well). So: "Nobody does it better" than rocky, and i'm different from the other girls in yr ppast, but this diamond ring doesn't shine anymore.....and there the tape ends. So- I know they had a , uh, rocky relationship, and I'm wondering when this tape was made.
The Hen- I've been around enough to know to enjoy his spinning of records, so when I saw a Hen collexion in Roxx's boxx's I grabbed it. Turns out, it really wasn't a mix tape- it was a collection of Johnny Horton songs. I will listen to the next side someday, but will be mining more for a proper Henpicked collection next dive into the Rockies Boxies.
Kinks Kollections- Very good, as I have a real soft side towards that mid 60's rocker stuff. But boy, when I was young and I thought "Man, a lot of Kinks songs sound the same", I was onto something. They really liked that riff, and a lot of that period Kink songs revolve around that riff- sometimes, even the EXACT RIFF but w/ diff lyrics. Bands had a lot of stuff on BBC then, so I have heard beatle songs w/ diff lyrics and tonnes and tonnes of covers, - or maybe my thinking on the kinks is so elementary that my musings are so stale to kinkheads......I dunno. But man, how many ways can they do "Y really G. Me"?
More on the tapes later as reviews unfold themselves in my heart. And again, sorry about the crush on yr old lover....BUT VITO HAD THE SAME AFFLICTION, SO BE MAD @ HIM!
sUNDAY NITE!!
No dog this day. There was a Chicago Fire game, which they were winning for the second game in a row but ended up tied after the enemy scored late in the game. Shit, they needed the win as well. Went w/ GF, sat on the 50ydline, and even had a beer-a $9.50 Tecate. Why mention I had a beer, and especially the price??= cause I never buy that shit, but we got free tix (THANKS Nephew.2) so the exhorbinant $$ was acceptible.
Stopped @ GF's-
she not able
slow me down
kitchen table
lots of sound
We didn't take bolo, so Max was by himself. But a great crowd showed= Homes, Processed, Gallo, and triple couples (one me/two Evanstons- though Shipley and the White Sprites* split soon, leaving Gallo). Game was good until Da Bears got hammered in the second half- ug!!
I got too much liqour into my belt. Gf and I brought up ciders to mix w/ the guinness that Rocky got for us. Whatever they are called, they called ME whatever they wanted and "No " to "Are you gonna drive home or should I?"
Crashed @ Gf's, a rarity. Too sick when I woke up and not go into work. Lazy me.
..................................................................................................
*= as in Blondes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This past Sunday's NYTimes had a feature on some Vancouver skateboarding impresario and his favorite drink is the Guinness/Cider combo -- they called it a "Crown Float" which I feel is the best of the various names. I doubt he's ever called in sick because he had a few.

Hilts said...

Heard crown float, and do thnk it's the best.