28 September, 2007

Luna

Had the dilemma. Wanted to see the moon movie bad, but because of mismanaged time and lots of strands to tie to-gether meant that I wasn't able to see it until the nite of the 27th- directly in the path of a J and B match. Saw the movie, and as one can see, we won the trivia match. Three in a row, though reports of a lame nite make me both happy that it was this week I missed but also 'badful' because I mita made it less lame.

Saw In the Shadow of the Moon, which was a 'talking heads / archival footage' type film of the Apollo moon missions. Went w/ Gf, fellow astronaut Nas A., Homes and Rocksy. They were meating @ some burger joint and then a bar, but since Gf and I had a 2 for 1 coup (admit it, Hilts- you had it, not Gf) @ some noodle joint, I wanted to rock that before it expired. Went to the noodle shop. The shop was across from the Century, andnit sucked. Had the pad thai, and screw me for not getting it at an actual Thai place. GF loved her meal- it was............indoneasian this or that, I can't remember. Maybe to go back. Maybe.
Movie was great. Give me any slow motion films of a Saturn V uplifting into the atmosphere anytime. I wanted more archival shots, since this film film was billed silly wit' them. However, evenm though I'm not the #1 NASA expert in the world, I was aware that a lot of the shots I had not seen before. This is some the Rockateer's ideas onnit.
An aspect that was tough was seeing the old fotos of the astronauts--SO YOUNG-- justaposed with what they look like now-- OLD MEN. They did have an old foto of First Man on the Moon 'Crank' Armstrong and I did register a "Wow he was young then" rite before they said his age-- 39. Not bad, I self-reflectively say, nodding to the touchy march of time. If he looks not bad @ 39, then I don't.......

Forced people to one of the Young Guard's favourite haunt's..........um, what's it's name?? The bar on Belmont and =THE HUNGRY BRAIN. Gf and I had a some half cider/guiness drinx that have suddenly become our mainstay, and talked film w/ the boys. Stayed out too late, but the first one to leave was Rocketship. Seems he has a baby on the way or something and that made him responsibletogethomenowbeforeitstoolateintheevening.
Always like the Hungy Brain. Three of the Bully Pulpists were discussing playing a show there- they do have a stage and I just disc. that they do have shows there.

Here's some lynx=
nasa
fantail
to moon

No comments: