06 September, 2007

Something mumbled about context

I mentioned this to Rocky last nite, and I have scuttled it about on posts past, but there is the feeling that I'm a serious letch and sexist and just unhealthy for putting up all these pictures of woman and stories and etc... However, both of us really like Mistress LaSpliffe, and since SHE gets to talk about men with their shirts off and etc, well, so do we......or @ least I feel less guilty about it. She's kool- todays post about threesomes- she's kool.

So: I like pictures of women, thinking about women, telling of old war stories about woman, etc... I am a normal man with some sorta sexual appetite, y'know?? That whole sex thing is kool, although many problems as well.

However:

I'm worried that the inate- well, not inate, but learned- feelings on sexuality have been warped too much by society*. We all are warped, not just me. Neice.4, who was 4-5 @ the time, floored me once by saying she "wanted to dress like the Spice Girls" while she pulled up her smock above her knees and titened it @ the back with her hand so the smock appeared skin tite. SHIT!! This is my little neice, and she's FIVE!!! I wasn't happy and immediately thought of my championing of the group. So, I will totally admidt that I love the saucy billboard, the Wonderbra ads, and rousing telly shows/movies-- but I also wonder about our society telling my 5 year old neice to dress like a slut. Duality of man sorta deal??

I dunno. In private, it's kool- like I've written before, in my score of years that I've been , uh, active, I've never had a girl tell me "I don't wanna wear that for you". Consenting adults, fun adults, etc... But in the public, I do feel that, well, maybe we've sexualized woman too much. But I like sexy woman and woman in that context. But the warpness society puts on us. But sexuality is good and we should celebrate it, not make our own judgements about it. But my litttle neices, being trained to use sexuality as one of their tools for life. But I like it...

So, I gonna continue with the scaucy pics and the nods to woman very sexy and all that. And yes I will continue to read Spliffes dits on dudes. Although I will feel guilty. Maybe.
...................................................................................................
*= ne ne not ME, it's SOCIETIES FAULT !!

4 comments:

Dread Pirate Jessica said...

I think lots of the sort of worry you mention comes from the consequences of commodifying sexuality - the idea that being sexy is something that can be sold, bought, and turned off and on when when you're not buying or selling it. But sexy isn't a thing like that. It's a wild, crazy beast that rears up from within, and it deserves respect.

Commodifying it makes it impersonal, which is boring, and gives boys and girls totally the wrong idea about how they should act and how people may react to how they're acting, which is dangerous.

And even though I've had a burning crush on Geri Halliwell ever since her tit popped out of her dress during some live show and she smiled and shoved it back in - oh Geri - anybody who markets her or her less attractive bandmates as a role model for children is a twat. U.N. goodwill ambassador selection committee included.

BTW, I think you're kool too, Hilts, even though you're a serious letch and sexist and just unhealthy.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with being a letch. If God didn't want us to enjoy a woman's physical beauty, he wouldn't have made them look like that. I vote: more photos of hotties!

Baywatch said...

while we're busy pointing out his strong suits, let us never forget that hilts is also ein totale nazi!

Hilts said...

were not our type the first the nazis collected??