20 September, 2007

Tired, and stunningly so......

On daze like these........one of these daze...........wait, i'm thinking of a word to describe my sate of being rite now............wait.......it's coming to me..........the word is exhausted : "Pink Floyd is exhausted".....no, wait, Hilts.....HGilts is exhausted.

A teacher normally does five classes a day, unless they are a dept. head or teach added time. I teach five a day. But to-day, a lot of teachers were out, and I had to take on............NINE CLASSES. It happens from time to time, and I don't mind-- but shit does I lay wasted this day.
And that'snot all. The kids want us @ their sporting events, so today I'm catching Hilts H.S. play my old school (that cut my position) in volleyball, and then a kid asked mre if I was catching the football game today. When I was @ my old school (Hilts H.S. minus one), I was there practicing the soccer team all year round, but still would catch a half of the basket ball game (and there being a boys varsity and j-v, and a girls varsity and j-v, etc...) or a round of volleyball, tennis, baseball, softball, etc etc etc...... The biggest was showing up @ football team games - I did twice- and each time meant getting up early on Saturday, taking the bus to , well, some of the worst areas of the city- and hanging. I have always been a BIT bitter @ losing that job- I was really good, though I had much more to learn*- and the amount of time and energy and everything good that I put into that school was tremendous- and I lost my fucking job there.
Wait= back to the point=
I am an adult. It's time to give back. There is a big Catholic deal about that certain point in life where it's incumbunent to give back. I don't have children, but I've spent so much time on my nephews and neices that I have done well in that spehere. My frenz kids, the kids on the block, etc... But I'm very sure that since a school is such an easy enviroment for me (when I don't have a classroom, that is) that its a great place for me to give back.
So, nine classes? That's ok. I rocked NINE classes all day, and rocked them hard. Two games after school where I just wanna go and go and sleep? I hate to say it, but it's truely what She** wants out of us.
.........................................
*= still trying to learn humility
**= or He, si vous préférez
"For God so Loved the World" is a giant painting @ St. Sabina's church on 79th street. Think Sistine Chapel, but smaller. St. Sabina's is the famous African American Catholic Church that is actually very near the 'hood I was born into (St. Kilians- 87th) .

No comments: