05 September, 2007

Tomatoes galore

It Pampolona here. This weekend allowed me to handle my record tomato crop good-style= in the past, I've been swamped by so many harvest time tomatos that somme invariably went bad. So, in the year of 'more tomatoes that ever', I've done a great job of handing them out to people who will use them. On Friday I hit Jimes, Gallos, and Rocky's with a lot of them. On Sunday I went to a little picnic sorta deal, and was able to pass on many more. Just today I left maybe 40 in the front office of school.
The deal is is that I really don't even each much tomatos. Gallo showed me a five minute salsa dip that I was actually able to duplicate- pretty good. The funny thing about it is that Gallo had all of that stuff to make salsa on hand- he had the cilantro, onion, salt and pepper, etc to mash it all up. Tasted great when I made my own, and people seemed to like it. So good.
Many more fruit on the vine as well- the greatest crop ever.

No comments: