25 April, 2007

There's a killer in the news..................

Thinking on the university massacre last week- well, thinking about me in the reflection of the massacre last week -

1.My freshman year I had a tonne of frenz who went to a Depaul and sat in the same classes. Was it spring break, or a Loyola off day, i dunno- but I visited my frenz, during their class, wearing a black ski mask. I just threw a paper airplane into the class and left. We all thought it was funny, and some of us are even blogging about it 23 years later.

The funniest thing about this incident was that I saw a guy who looked like the old Hawks defenseman Doug Wilson. I wrote "Doug Wilson is in the building" on the plane, and the Prof read that out. My buds think that w/ their reputation, and the fact that they were laughing their asses off, the prof knew who was to blame. Hey. we were 18. But imagine a prof now if a skimasked unknown walked in.

2.I've written before on depression and how it runs in my family. Not a big deal for me these days, but... My junior year I had my first big episode (the last would be around the time of that one girl- a broken heart it was sold as @ the time, but there was a lot more to it than just her) and I had no clue. I had a great class w/ a great teacher (name ??) that I had to hand in written stuff for. One of my works was flagged by her for a meeting in the office. She knew something was up- and no, my work didn't have "I need to kill .....etc etc etc......in it. But I was flagged, and had a nice talk with her. These days, it's me who talks the kids through stuff. They have so many problems, and from where I am, it all seems so easily fixed. But then again, I'm sure most would say that about my problems.......