11 April, 2007

South of 95th


Every 3-4 years the CTA floats a plan for this rapid transit line or that one. Today, I guess, it's been 3 or 4 years since they last discussed the extension of the State street el south of 95th. I heartly agree, even though I'm a motor man nowadays. The world needs more rapid transit to get the cars off the road (now that I drive regularly, I keep thinking where did all these fucking cars come from??), the pollution from our world, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of the pockets of things like the families of Osama Bin ladin and George W. Bush. Poor people need dependable transport. And if you say a city can't exist leaning so heavily on rapid transport, what about NYC or Paris? It's easily done.



Here is a future planning site that I happened on. This link is to a 'future CTA train line page- I haven't seen the whole site.

No comments: