16 April, 2007

Saturday nite in Bridgeport

Was @ a dinner for a friend in a banquet hall on 32d and Morgan called the Polo Cafe. It was a dinner for a friend that has her cancer beaten into remission. Thrown by her husband, it was a great way to celebrate her return to health. She was totally psyched to have her party thrown for her.

I got there kinda late and a little bit in my jadlecradle, and so I was feeling the fear big time (as always, think of Jesus in the Garden praying to the father Let this cup pass me). So I was nervous walking in sole (no place left for gf, we knew she couldn't go)

So I go in, our table (mostly my library’s staff) and who is sitting there but the principal of the school. I was kinda quiet the whole nite, but two of the ladies I work with got really drunk. One got really loud and giggley and wineglassknockover-y-- it was quite the site to see. It turned out to be real fun, and for a second nite I ate real fine food- it’s nice to have frenz with real good taste. The roast and the potatoes were my favourite.

Ms. G, who is the guest of honour for the party, looked great. It’s like she’s never been sick. She wears a wig, but she took it off and showed us her new style = short like Delores O’riordon of The Cranberries. She looks great, better than with a wig. Ricardo her brother was also there- he worked @ my school for long bit, and it was good to see him. It was good to see all the people from school outside the school enviroment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Jadlecradle" ?