24 April, 2007

Baseball, hot blogs, fried chicken and jenke-ole.


I pinch pennies, but I’m sure I’ve wasted thousands. I got a great new baseball mitt a few years back. I deliberated a lot, ran through all of my “pre-buyers remorse” programs, waited waited; then waited stupidly, then finally; got my toy. Real nice all leather Rawlings. However, I was in Marshalls the other day- well, a m. ago now- and spotted a nice black Nike. Given that it was on extra-secret discount, it was irresistible.

This Sunday I tried it out in Evanston. Was @ Gallos for some baseball, pan fried chix, and Sopranos. It’s great to play baseball, as out of condition as I am. We warmed up a bit by tossing the only ball we could muster, a fallin’ apart @ the seams model. Then we shagged flies for a bit before the demands of the chicken came soon. Was ok to quit because I’d worked up the sweat and started to feel my back left hamstring. However, we both had a nice groove going. One of us would try to hit fly balls to our gloved compatriot about 250 ft downfield. Many times we fuck up and hit grounder after grounder, which is not as fun as camping under tall fly balls. This day we were both consistent with getting the ball in the air. Fielding too.

Must warm up more, because it really helps. By the time we were done, the throwing motion felt real easy and natural. I was careful not to ’uncork’ one because I knew it’d be stupid on my elbow. Took every opp. to stretch while in the field, mainly by different wind millings of my arms. Worked on my Earl Campbells as well.

Panned up chix was a supped up good. I like the chix in any variety, but fried must be topper most. All that bubbling agent, crisping on. Crunchers. Give me oil or give me death. Curiously, the guerras eat only chickens and the like- the parents cook it up good, and they kids get stuck with frozen food. I know, that’s kids. I’ve said this before about my confront, but its all somewhat simple (cooking, that is; and ‘simple’ is used not to downplay its many complexities) and I should have paid more att’n. However, my span is so shotput- how’d ever I get through school ?

No comments: