20 January, 2008

Saturday nite @ Black Beetles / Who said I buy'd a beer?

Black Beetle is one of those bars that open up in an area that, although dicey @ the time, the owners have hopefully scouted the areas waves well and found location. Dragon and I used to go here when it first opened ('Kause we're just that kool), but haven't been in a long time. Joker and wife were sans baby and looking for hangout action -Praise Jesus for gramma the babysitter- so we covalessed (sic) to this outpost on this coldest of nits of 2008. Yummy cold. Battle cold.

It was good. Snowden was there first, Gf and I second. Then Dragon. We all ate burgers, hungry kids. Then those who already ate began to show: The Smoky Treats, The Vampires and three, The Jokers and one. They had no cider, so I drank one miller Lite and called it quits. Pay $4.00 for something I think is Yik? I'll get one, from now on to support the bar- but i should work to just stop drinking when I don't enjoy the shit anyway.

A particular question was the local lately of Guitars. Although no one called him that name. Or ever, I believe, out loud. Even me.

Then- the ride home. It'd been mondo cold these days. we were below zero onthis nite when I went out to the Strasser to raise steam. The boilers began to fie, but................OUT WAS THE HEAT. And we being a bit less than an hour to final anchorage, I -as the Captain Wentworth of the ship, no doubt- just sailed home sans heat. We ally didn't suffer- body heat and the engine warmed up the enviroment (an enviroment that was outside of the elemsnts was well). rite when I stopped the car the heat popped on - visions of repair bills delightfully vanishing from my view. Phew.

Again, it was good to hang. Second in a row. Along with my dead gay son, I love my frenz.

No comments: