03 January, 2008

Paris au printemps

Seems we are actually gonna get it all to-gether and actually take a real trip ensemble. I've been trying to get her passport so we could actually take an adventure, and after a year of most crancfacious behaviour she's finally submitted it. I wan to go someplace new just for us, but realised she'd probably want to go to Eire. However, she said "and stay w/ all yr relatives??". Maybe next trip- she deserves seveal nites isolated in a decpepit farmhouse in the countryside.

However, seems its Paris. We've watched so many films from there last several months, plus it's be only us. I have seconded this plan, and we've gotten all the guide books from the library and such. Last time in paris I stayed @ the Hotel Esmeralda, and despite its real resemblence - in the general state of the place- to an Irish farmhouse (meaning messy and unkempt and olde), maybe we'll stay there again.


I also want to go outside Paris. I wish to go during my spring break,which is in midmarch this year (SXSW time of the year, to some of you). I got those six shows of the Magnetic Fields that first wkd of break (and hopefully they play "Paris in the Spring", natch, but esp. 'cause it's one of my fave rave songs- they did it last time, and its so hard to be sitting in an audiece but wanting to danse so bad.....), but we could leave on a Monday. That's get us to France by the Tuesday, then leave back maybe the next Sunday.


So, a nice tip would be..........to see........Normandy..........or Flanders........ yeah, battlefields......... I'm sure I could get her to go for a day or so.


Anyway, these are the plans.

No comments: