16 January, 2008

Persuasion

Watched the Channel 11 (public TV) version of Persuasion. masterpiece theatre has been doing Austins novels this season, and it was persuasion's turn. It just happened to be on, and Gf and I watched it. I'd watched the '95 BBC version, and I just loved it. ONe of my favourite movies, and now book. Gf had never seen it, and I wanted to stop her from watching this one but I didn't.

It wasn't quite as good as '95's - or anywhere near. Proof?? After seeing the '95 version, I totally wanted to get a coat like Wentworth's. There were no clothes pulling @ me from the 2008 version. But it did win me over- and not just 'cause Gf is now gonna read Persuasion- good. There came a scene where i was like......ok, great. Dinna wanna burn the moment fer ya, but eeff-yeev' seennt - then the moment that was brilliant in the '08 version is when.................................

Will now sneak up on GF and flip this better version of Persuasion- which I now have from lib.- and have her watch it sometimes soon. Maybe to-nite.

I originally saw it in a theatre in Berkely Cal. in spring or so of 1997 w/ Vito. I think. But it was in California. I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the douchebag? Where's the chick?

Dread Pirate Jessica said...

The '95 version of 'Persuasion' is my favourite Jane-Austen-filmilization, but that's saying so little I could weep. Good movie though.

Hilts said...

Great movie. makes me weep.