03 January, 2008

keegans, from the other side of the bar

Cold curtesey walks Gf to her car and waits while it warms up, then back inside for the fouthousands rewarming of the soul these last fortnites days..............carro to Keegans, and spaces abound, inside as well as out........odd to-nite= by myself, but with a book, and steeringmeself to a seat on the southside of the bar......7-8% on this side do I usually sit..... ........funny how the horrible memories from the past dissolve- that one particular table that I used to stare @ for a year afters...........funny now how I have to actually think and think hard to conjure up a "oh, yeah, that was the table...".........poetry written but will be published years later, so no trouble will come over it- codes? codes? more like en clair, the shit rot that I write.......last time I drank- three nite before- I promised that I'd never drink again......yet here was not just a crown or just three crowns, but three crowns of....I'm, sure...... Imperial measures.......it had to be..........too shy to pay with all the twos in my pocket despite knowing this barkeep for ten plus years, until I leave a double two tip and some change......funny, she knew wihtout a doubt for years what I drank- she'd had the glass ready under the cider tap when she served me, knowing w/out words waht I was gonna ask for- but these are new days and Guiness has invadeded the gold and created segrations, but segrations of a wonderful kind........the lites come up and the crowd scurries homebound snowthrough the nite............I'll never drink again.

No comments: