16 January, 2008

Monday Nite and Tuesday

Spent bits of the last two days w/ Jimey Tree. Jimes called me early before my interview, and I collected him from the 22d street stop on the Red Line. Since I had the day off, I decided to make the least of it. We took on stores, raced back to base, read, watched videos about Jesus, then took in an appearance by Gf. She wanted pizza, so we got a 2-1 coupon and got some real nice pizza - Pizza Plus in Hometown. Then, finally, we forced her to watch Amelie. I'd wanted her to watch it to get her more excited about going to Paris - needlessly, I think.

Never finished it. We will finish the last 25m tonite.

Did not go to school on Tuesday. Horrible stomach. Even worse was the spirit. I was excited about the interview, and having done that, I got really depressed. Total. So I woke w/ a rotten stomach and grey spirits. I tried- I took a shower, but no food- uhgg. It was obvious that I shouldn't go in, so I took the day off. I have no "sick days", so I'm gonna miss the buxx. But i would have been worthless.

I was supposed to drop off Tree @ the Pulaski stop on the Orange that morning- but since I was laying in bed, he just hung out the whole day. Invariably, I got better as the day went on. By afternoon there was the need to take on stocks, so we raised steam, snuck out under optimal traffic conditions, and swept north. There, in position, we battered the Black Sea Coast with our fire and departed. Battlesweep south, Jesustalk, nyt, visits to various libraries so we could get materials written by Dyson and West as well as the 1995 version of 'Persuasion', the film.

And then I got hungry. Jimey has no money- like me in, say, 1992, but much much much worse : as always back then, I had Mom and Dad to 'fall back on' (and also now, although my days of 'falling back' on anyone seems to be over- except for that desperate call to Gf to visit after work last nite- I'm still a BABY, but no need to 'fall back' on anyone). So I trated him to Popeyes.

Much later I sprung for Chinese from a place on 115th. We used to go there always, until new owners took over two years ago. First time w/ the new owners, and we got our regular order = sucked!! never went back again until yesterday- and we all loved it. Funny- that batch of regular that we got two years ago- pineapple chicken and beef chop s. (yes, I know)- must have been a bad batch, and we wasted two years not eating @ this place again. Funny.

Adventures w/ Jimey ended 2000h last nite. I drove him to the 95th street El terminal = well, to 87th, actually- and I became even more mournful.

Boy- if there ever was a person better suited for mourning than I.....na, dear ain't.

No comments: