28 November, 2007

Rare birds...

...would, in another context, be the beginnings of yet another post about 'some olde love/or other'. However, there was a story last nite on then local news about a 'rare bird' being found walking across the street in Chicago. The rare bird? A Coopers Hawk- meaning, it's about as rare as p.... well, many ,many mnay pigeons here, but this type of hawk is not rare. Or even unusual.

http://securityout.blogspot.com/2007/02/hawk-in-de-kitchen-wat-ima-gonna-do.html It died after I brought it to the City vet. Maybe I should have called one tof the networks and had meself on TV. But I did see one such hawk today. Again it's not that unusual, but @ least once a week I see the aerial dogfites in the air as the heavy weaves and wheels and tries to get attack position on the pigeons or starlings it's after. I actually got some footage, but of course it takes me so much time to do anything, that it;'ll be awhile before you guys see it.

No comments: