22 November, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hung out mainly w/ Gf's relatives. We drove up 294 way north w/ her daughter to her older bro's widow's crib. I went last year as well. Lots of people, felt a little outta sorts. Actually, I was somewhat anti social- I'd gone to bed @ 0500 and I was woken @ 0900. Ug. So I was in no mood to be that chatty, esp after an hour drive. Mainly I read one of the Sin City graphic novels and nyt. also watched whatever football gme was on. Made a belated late attempt to turn to McNeil- Leherer news hour or whatever it's called. I like her relatives a great deal. I'm no stranger to her relatives; last year we were here also, and I remember being bimble- err, talkative. Promised Gf I'd be better socialized come Christmas. Looking forward to the food.

Food was incredible. Sweet potatos were the best- why didn't I take some home? Corn great. Gf had done a roast, and that was the best meat. It was so good- I liked the skin and must amidt to supping up the fatty bits slubby. Turkey goodtimes. I'd membered from the year before how good it was, and was looking forward to dinner. Rewarded.


Gf and I did the long drive south and was dropped off by the daughter. Next legg was to my house. We walked in to-gether, and lots were over. Everyone was over, and the kids were loud. We had a lot of fun, esp. since I was in a silly mood. @ one point I put up the camera movie going to catch their reaction: @ the kitchen table with ten around listening to him, Nephew.2 was telling a humourous story of Sister.4's old boyfriend's drunken reaction to a friendly hello from him when I burst onto the scene shouting my AH-AH -AH AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH mock machine gun fire sound while I have three long extended leggs 'shooting' them extended over my moms walker. They appreciated it.


There was a special guest here- Neice.1 had brought an exchange student from Ireland over for Thanksgiving. This is the first instance of this sorta behaviour from any of my neices, so I was suspicious of the young man, a junior @ the university. He talked well with the strangers-to-him who were over. I was wondering if he was using his fancy foreign accent and his several years of college life behind him to get girls. Funny- he's a good kid, but there was that instinct in me. Both he and neice.2 ended up staying here it was late and the Irish kid had to come all the way south again for a socce game.


Wasted time before going to Lanigans for a double crown. I wasn't there late, gulped down both, and went home. sleep.

No comments: